Believing that I can make a difference, I have always endeavored to grasp any Leadership opportunities available to me. Outlined below are the key leadership roles I have been involved in.
Resident Advisor, Tulane University Housing & Residential Life
- Serve as a role model and campus liaison for 44 Freshman residents, mediating conflict, providing emotional support and upholding the ‘Community Living Standards’
- Host monthly events & programs to foster social growth in line with ‘Community Living Program’
- Collaborate with 18 Co-Resident Advisors, serving a total hall population of 450+ residents to ensure their safety & well-being
Sustainability Committee, Undergraduate Student Government
As part of the Freshman Leadership Project, I executed a Personal Leadership Project:
- Collaborated with 4 other Freshman Leaders with the goal of increasing Sustainability Awareness on campus
- Designed Awareness Posters & Stickers that were distributed in high visibility areas around campus, influencing students to become more environmentally conscious
Tulane for UNICEF
- Coordinate strategy with the Education, Advocacy and Fundraising Chairs to increase prominence on campus
- Raised over $200 in under three hours selling donuts during Tulane for UNICEF’s November Donut Tabling
- Engaged with numerous establishments on the popular Freret Street, spreading awareness and collecting prizes for our Raffle Fundraising event
Freshman Leadership Program (2018-2019)
- Selected as 1 of 37 Freshman Leaders from a pool of 150+ applicants
- Attend weekly Leadership Development meetings enhancing my technical and soft skills
Examples of development workshops experienced include:
- Public Speaking, Teamwork, Empathy, Diversity & Inclusion and Desing Thinking
My first volunteering activity was at the Jumeirah Primary School, where I helped at the ‘Multisports with Buddies’ Club. Here, I would volunteer at Jumeirah Primary School every Thursday, for 6 months. This involved working with young children with special needs, with the aim of getting them involved in sports, developing their social skills and having fun!
Following this, I volunteered once a week, for 2 hours, at the Tender Hearts Arena – a center for special needs children – for a duration of 4 months.
Dunia Young Business Leaders Program
I participated in a 2 week long intensive leadership program conducted by a consumer finance company in Dubai in the summer of 2016 – the ‘Dunia Young Business Leaders Program’.
Here I was recognized and awarded for my leadership through ‘innovation’, whilst at the same time, my group was recognized for the best business venture proposal!
Duke of Edinburgh Award
In Year 10 and 11 I completed the Bronze and Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Apart from the eventful camping journeys in the desert, I also had to complete numerous hours of Community Service, Skill Development, and Physical Recreation while still maintaining high academic standards.
I have been playing golf since I was 11 and have since developed a passion for it. In high school, I was an active golf player and managed to obtain a handicap of 14.
I was also an active member of the Jumeirah College Golf Team and have represented my school on multiple occasions.
More recently in college, I look forward to my weekly round of golf at the Audubon Park Golf Course and see it as a great outlet for de-stressing and getting away from fulfilling yet hectic school life.